Tomorrow Roland and I celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. Wow, time really flies when you’re in love. I wasn’t really sure what to get for him to mark this mini-milestone so I turned to the trusty “traditional gift list” to see if any inspiration struck. When I saw that it was wood, I have to admit, I wasn’t immediately inspired, but here are some of my fave picks if you’ve got a five year milestone coming up too.
Also, sorry about the weird order. I was tired of wrestling with the layout so we’ll call it a countdown even though they’re in no particular order of preference.
8. A Muskoka Chair (or as the Americans call them, an Adirondack chair). From Lowe’s.
7. Wooden napkin rings for someone who likes to entertain. Invite the friends over and celebrate. You made it to five years! Viggo napkin rings from Crate and Barrel.
6. Mini wooden speaker. For the techy or music-lover. From uncommongoods.
5. Wooden watch. My husband is a watch
hoarder enthusiast. This one is screaming his name. From WeWood.
4. Picture frames. A sampling of 5 pictures of you as a couple through the years would add a nice touch. From Pottery Barn.
3. If you love a musician or wannabe musician an acoustic guitar (or a number of other instruments) would be a lovely keepsake.
2. Plant a tree, and literally watch your love grow. It doesn’t get more wooden than wood, right?
1. I love this beautiful wenge ear bud organizer. From Etsy seller AcousticDesign.
So, husbandman, what do you like?
What about you guys? Any other creative wood gift ideas to share?