I interrupt Deck the Walls week because I have some crazy news. I’ve been nominated for an award. Say what?! Ya the wonderful Erin over at Hodgepodge Pilot’s Wife (you can go ahead and click that link right now) has nominated me and I’m many things – among them honoured, surprised and very grateful.
Here’s how Erin describes what a Liebster award is:
“Liebster” is derived from the German word lieben, which means to love. Loosely interpreted, it can also mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, or beloved. So a Liebster Award is essentially a token of appreciation passed around in the blogging community. It’s also only given out to up and coming blogs with less than 200 followers to encourage new bloggers. At least, that’s how I’m interpreting it.
You guys… she thinks I’m up and coming. I’m blushing. And I mean, could it be a better name for me? I mean… “love” its kinda perfect.
The award comes with some rules and here they are:
- You must link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers.
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Here are the ten questions Erin gave to me:
1. What’s the most memorable moment in your life so far?
This is such a tough question because I have two babies so, I’d say the moments I laid eyes on my beautiful boys have to be the most memorable moments. I’ll never forget how the rest of the room seemed to blur away and all that was clear was their perfect little bodies being placed on my chest. I remember so vividly recognizing them as soon as I saw them.
2. What’s the best book you’ve read?
I always say that my favourite book is To Kill A Mockingbird and it is, but some other favourites are The Red Tent, Sarah’s Key, Pride and Prejudice, and Little Women.
3. What’s your favourite season of the year?
Definitely autumn. I love the warmth of summer, but there’s just something about autumn that I love. Maybe it’s because my birthday is in September, but I love crisp autumn days that start and end cool but offer that direct line of sun mid-day. I love shopping for fall clothes the most too, and a great pair of boots, so that helps.
4. What’s a hobby that you’d like to pick up one day?
Well I’m starting to learn to sew, but since I’ve already started in on that hobby I’ll say that I’d like to learn to play the guitar. I never learned to play an instrument and I’d love to learn guitar some day.
5. What’s the best vacation you ever took?
Ooh, Erin… another tough one. I think the best vacation has to be my honeymoon in Holguin, Cuba. We stayed at a great resort, were spoiled, completely relaxed and the weather was amazing the whole time. Honourable mention goes to our Nova Scotia family vacation this summer. Awesome family memories.
6. What’s your favourite Sunday breakfast?
Half a red grapefruit, french toast and real maple syrup, bacon, tea and orange juice. Tastes like home to me.
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I was more confident. I often shy away from putting myself out there because I’m afraid of whatever – people will think I’m crazy, people will laugh, whatever the situation might be.
8. If you could be any character from any book, movie or TV show, who would it be and why?
I would be Alicia Florrick from The Good Wife because I would probably make a good lawyer, and I love that she is poised, graceful, smart, sophisticated and really good at her job. I also love that she took time off to care for her children and then went back to work. Honourable mention to Jenny from The League.
9. What superpower would you want and would you use it for good or evil?
If I could have any superpower it would probably be to be super fast so I could get from one place to the next really quickly. Or clean the house really quickly, or fill out forms really quickly! Ha! The life of a mom never stops. I’d use this skill for good, and maybe find time to read the giant stack of magazines that are piling up beside my bed!
10. What’s your favourite CD from high school?
Jagged Little Pill by Alanis. Played that a lot. Knew all the words. Also, in a complete turnaround I also loved Spice by the Spice Girls. Random all over the place musical taste.
So there you have it. Hope you enjoyed that, Erin!
Now, I need to nominate 10 blogs and that is definitely difficult, because I follow a lot of “big” blogs and am terrible at seeking out smaller or newer blogs, but I promise to do better. I also don’t know if some of these blogs have more than 200 followers so I’ll just nominate them and they can accept or not. Please don’t be offended if you’ve been nominated and have more followers. Just trying to share the love!
Now here are my questions for these stellar bloggers:
1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
2. If you could go back to high school would you? Why or why not?
3. Do you crave sweet or salty?
4. If a celebrity were to play you in a movie who do you think it would be?
5. What’s your favourite attribute about yourself?
6. If you could have any job in the world (and money was no object) what would it be?
7. If you got to have a professional in your life (for free) what would it be? Personal chef, professional cleaner, personal trainer, or professional driver/chauffeur.
8. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
9. What’s your favourite gift to give?
10. What are your plans for the holidays?
Phew! That’s a long one. Hope you stuck with me. I’m off to notify my nominees. Please pop over and say hello start following their blog, sharing the love and definitely drop in on Hodgepodge Pilot’s Wife – its a good time!